THIS RESOURCE IS NO LONGER IN SERVICE, documented on 7/15/13.
The Nation's one-stop resource for information about substance abuse prevention and addiction treatment offering more than 500 items to the public, many of which are free of charge. They distribute the latest studies and surveys, guides, videocassettes, and other types of information and materials on substance abuse from various agencies, such as the U.S. Departments of Education and Labor, the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention, the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, and the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
They staff both English- and Spanish-speaking information specialists who are skilled at recommending appropriate publications, posters, and videocassettes; conducting customized searches; providing grant and funding information; and referring people to appropriate organizations.
They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your calls at 1-800-729-6686.
NCADI services include:
* an information services staff (English, Spanish, TDD capability) equipped to respond to the public's alcohol, tobacco, and drug (ATD) inquiries;
* the distribution of free or low-cost ATD materials, including fact sheets, brochures, pamphlets, monographs, posters, and video tapes from an inventory of over 1,000 items;
* a repertoire of culturally-diverse prevention, intervention, and treatment resources tailored for use by parents, teachers, youth, communities and prevention/treatment professionals;
* customized searches in the form of annotated bibliographies from alcohol and drug data bases;
* access to the Prevention Materials database (PMD) including over 8,000 prevention-related materials and the Treatment Resources Database, available to the public in electronic form;
* rapid dissemination of Federal grant announcements for ATD prevention, treatment, and research funding opportunities.
Resource Type: Resource
Version: Latest Version
drug, fact sheet, addiction, alcohol, brochure, human, monograph, pamphlet, poster, prevention, publication, self-help, substance abuse, tobacco, treatment, treatment facility, video tape
National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information, SAMHSA's National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information, SAMHSA's NCADI
Additional Resource Types
topical portal, training material, bibliography, video resource
Public, Free, (many items), THIS RESOURCE IS NO LONGER IN SERVICE
Created 4 years ago by Anonymous