An award-winning multimedia science and environment series created by KQED, San Francisco, the public media station serving Northern California. Launched in February 2007, by the end of its fourth season (in September 2010), QUEST had reached approximately 36 million viewers and listeners through its traditional TV and radio broadcasts and its growing Web audience. QUEST's ultimate aim is to raise science literacy in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond, inspiring audiences to discover and explore science and environment issues for themselves.
Every season, KQED's QUEST produces:
* half-hour television episodes episodes that air weekly, exploring the cutting-edge work of Northern California scientists and researchers (QUEST airs Wednesdays 7:30pm on KQED Public Television 9);
* weekly radio reports covering urban environmental issues which often include multimedia slide shows, and interactive online maps (QUEST airs Mondays 6:30am and 8:30am on KQED Public Radio 88.5 FM);
* Educational resources, for use by formal and informal educators; QUEST also provides professional development for science educators to support multimedia and technology integration in science classrooms and programs;
* 20 six-minute stories for its new web only series, Science on the SPOT, which takes a fresh, fast and curious look at science with stories about albino redwoods, the science of fog and banana slugs, to name a few. (launched in 2010);
* A daily science blog written by Northern California scientists, QUEST producers and science enthusiasts;
* Exclusive web extras, featuring extended interviews with scientists; Flickr photos, and science hikes.
Formal and informal Educators who would like to become involved withthe educational outreach program should contact: ScienceEd (at) kqed.org.
Resource Type: Resource
Version: Latest Version
science, environment, astronomy, biology, chemistry, climate, engineering, environment, geology, health, physics, news, television, radio, digital media
NIF Data Federation
Last checked up;
QUEST Northern California, KQED QUEST
NSF, Corporation for Public Broadcasting, Richard and Rhoda Goldman Fund, S. D. Bechtel Jr. Foundation, Dirk and Charlene Kabcenell Foundation, Vadasz Family Foundation, Wyncote Foundation, George and Jeanette Stuart Charitable Trust,
Additional Resource Types
narrative resource, community building portal, podcast, outreach program, training material, training resource, video resource
Created 3 years ago by Anonymous