NDRI actively recovers a diverse range of normal and diseased human tissues for biomedical researchers. We have recently implemented a new program to make human dorsal root ganglia (DRG) available for your research studies. The dorsal root ganglia contain cell bodies of afferent (inbound) neurons, and transmit pain and temperature sensations from the body. DRGs from C5 through L5 regions will be available.
DRGs will be recovered under operating room conditions with a low post mortem interval to preservation and can be shipped at 4 degrees C, snap-frozen or fixed. Detailed medical-social history information is provided for each donor. If you are interested in obtaining these specimens, please contact me at your earliest convenience. Current NDRI researchers can immediately request these samples. Non-NDRI researchers need to submit a researcher application.
* The program provides a reliable source of human DRG neurons that can be utilized for: Electrophysiology analysis, Live cell imaging studies
* Low PMI yields high quality samples that are suitable for rigorous molecular applications: Deep sequencing analysis, In situ hybridization, Micro-array analysis
* DRGs from C5 through L5 regions will be available.
* The tissue fee for this program is 500 dollars per DRG
* Customizable-- the researcher determines the DRG location and quantity that is needed for their research.
Resource Type: Resource
Version: Latest Version
dorsal root ganglion, clinical data, neuron, post-mortem, dorsal root ganglion, nerve tissue, fresh, snap-frozen, fixed
Additional Resource Types
tissue bank, data or information resource
Public (Research): Current NDRI researchers can immediately request these samples. Non-NDRI researchers need to submit a researcher application.
Fresh, Snap-frozen, Fixed
NDRI DRG Program
Dorsal Root Ganglia Program
Sample type: Dorsal root ganglion, Nerve tissue
One Mind Biospecimen Bank Listing, Biobank
Created 3 years ago by Anonymous