International center for research, education, and training in biology, biomedicine, and ecology. This private, non-profit corporation hosts year-round research programs in cellular, developmental, and reproductive biology; molecular biology and evolution; neurobiology and sensory physiology; ecology; global infectious diseases; and marine biotechnology and aquaculture. MBL research awards are available for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows, and for junior or senior investigators holding a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degree.
The MBL offers advanced, graduate-level summer courses in embryology, physiology, neurobiology, microbiology, reproduction, and parasitology for six to nine weeks each summer. Additionally, special topics courses provide intensive experience in specialized research techniques for one to four weeks throughout the year. Topics include informatics, imaging, neurobiology, vision research, molecular biology, and molecular evolution.
Other educational programs for science teachers, undergraduates, science writers, K-12, and older students enrich the overall academic atmosphere at the MBL by bringing diversity to the scientific community.
* MBLWHOI Library: The Library maintains one of the world's largest collections of biomedical, oceanographic, and marine biological literature.
* Biological Bulletin: The Bulletin, a general biological journal, has been published by the MBL since 1897.
* Marine Organisms: Biologists value marine organisms because they serve as excellent models for understanding all living systems.
* Meetings, Seminars, Events: The MBL offers public lecture series and seminars throughout the year.
* Research/Admin. Services: The MBL offers resident and visiting scientists with a variety of research services.
*Publications, Databases: Journals published at MBL, LabNotes, Collecting Net, Articles, Marine Models Publications.
Resource Type: Resource
Version: Latest Version
One Mind Biospecimen Bank Listing, Biobank
Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole
Resource PubMed IDs
PMID: 22113796, PMID: 23613883
Additional Resource Types
organization portal, narrative resource, journal, funding resource, training resource, meeting resource, biomaterial supply resource, postdoctoral program resource
Last checked up;
Created 4 years ago by Anonymous