The Magnaporthe comparative genomics database provides accesses to multiple fungal genomes from the Magnaporthaceae family to facilitate the comparative analysis. As part of the Broad Fungal Genome Initiative, the Magnaporthe comparative project includes the finished M. oryzae (formerly M. grisea) genome, as well as the draft assemblies of Gaeumannomyces graminis var. tritici and M. poae. It provides users the tools to BLAST search, browse genome regions (to retrieve DNA, find clones, and graphically view sequence regions), and provides gene indexes and genome statistics.
We were funded to attempt 7x sequence coverage comprising paired end reads from plasmids, Fosmids and BACs. Our strategy involves Whole Genome Shotgun (WGS) sequencing, in which sequence from the entire genome is generated and reassembled.
Our specific aims are as follows:
1. Generate and assemble sequence reads yielding 7X coverage of the Magnaporthe oryzae genome through whole genome shotgun sequencing.
2. Generate and incorporate BAC and Fosmid end sequences into the genome assembly to provide a paired-end of average every 2 kb.
3. Integrate the genome sequence with existing physical and genetic map information.
4. Perform automated annotation of the sequence assembly.
5. Distribute the sequence assembly and results of our annotation and analysis through a freely accessible, public web server and by deposition of the sequence assembly in GenBank.
Resource Type: Resource
Version: Latest Version
genome, gene, sequencing, magnaporthe, m. grisea genome, m. oryzae
Additional Resource Types
database, data analysis service
Last checked up;
M. oryzae Database, Magnaporthe comparative genomics database
Resource PubMed IDs
PMID: 23405169, PMID: 23826342, PMID: 24454828, PMID: 24727546, PMID: 25011008, PMID: 25090011
Created 3 years ago by Anonymous