Java framework for building Semantic Web applications, it provides a collection of tools and Java libraries to help you to develop semantic web and linked-data apps, tools and servers. It provides extensive Java libraries for helping developers develop code that handles RDF, RDFS, RDFa, OWL and SPARQL in line with published W3C recommendations. Jena includes a rule-based inference engine to perform reasoning based on OWL and RDFS ontologies, and a variety of storage strategies to store RDF triples in memory or on disk.
The Jena Framework includes:
* an API for reading, processing and writing RDF data in XML, N-triples and Turtle formats;
* an ontology API for handling OWL and RDFS ontologies;
* a rule-based inference engine for reasoning with RDF and OWL data sources;
* stores to allow large numbers of RDF triples to be efficiently stored on disk;
* a query engine compliant with the latest SPARQL specification
* servers to allow RDF data to be published to other applications using a variety of protocols, including SPARQL
In April 2012, Jena graduated from the Apache incubator process and was approved as a top-level Apache project.
Resource Type: Resource
Version: Latest Version
java, inference engine, semantic, software framework, semantic web, rdf, rdfs, rdfa, owl, sparql
Additional Resource Types
Apache License, v2., The community can contribute to this resource
Created 5 years ago by Anonymous