A non-profit academic organization for research and services in bioinformatics that provides freely available data from life science experiments, performs basic research in computational biology and offers an extensive user training programme, supporting researchers in academia and industry. The Institute manages databases of biological data including nucleic acid, protein sequences and macromolecular structures.
* To provide freely available data and bioinformatics services to all facets of the scientific community
* To contribute to the advancement of biology through basic investigator-driven research
* To provide advanced bioinformatics training to scientists at all levels
* To help disseminate cutting-edge technologies to industry
* To coordinate biological data provision throughout Europe.
Resource Type: Resource
Version: Latest Version
SciCrunch is a data sharing and display platform. Anyone can create a custom portal where they can select searchable subsets of hundreds of data sources, brand their web pages and create their community. SciCrunch will push data updates automatically to all portals on a weekly basis. User communities can also add their own data to scicrunch, however this is not currently a free service.