An organization whose mission is to build and promote a sustainable ecosystem of professional societies, funding agencies, foundations, companies, and citizens together with life science researchers and innovators in computing, infrastructure and analysis with the expressed goal of translating new discoveries into tools, resources and products.
Today, thousands of research groups generate tremendous amounts of valuable data that are narrowly disseminated and thus significantly underutilized. To address such a grand challenge, DELSA proposes a transdisciplinary approach by integrating expertise across life sciences and computing, industry and academia, cyberinfrastructure and analysis, and policies and media. Our goal is to connect leaders and stakeholders to accelerate development of new insights and innovations that can more rapidly address global societal needs.
DELSA provides the ecosystem with the sustainable support and accountability necessary for successful transdisciplinary collaborative initiatives. The organization utilizes initiatives that connect researchers, consortia, associations, institutions, societies and interest groups in a coordinated framework to address grand challenges in science, education, environment, energy, ecology, food and healthcare.
DELSA's role adds value through:
* Supporting its partners as they secure funding for specific, data-driven projects
* Securing funding for sustainable DELSA core and community-wide operations
* Consulting with researchers and innovators on initiative development and funding strategies
* Arranging resources for connective and translational initiatives
* Monitoring, measuring and reporting on the progress and impact of initiative outcomes
* Identifying, inspiring and supporting new modes of business and innovation
* Providing a leading voice and coordinating framework for collective innovation in data-enabled science for the life sciences community
* Promoting sustainable and shared access to data, knowledge, tools, and services
* Facilitating information exchange through workshop development, community involvement and publications
* Identifying and cultivating opportunities to create essential solutions by implementing interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary approaches
* Coordinating and monitoring individual initiatives focused on translational impact
Resource Type: Resource
Version: Latest Version
life science, collective innovation, framework, data sharing, science, education, environment, energy, ecology, food, healthcare, transdiscipline, collaboration
Additional Resource Types
knowledge environment resource, international standard specification
Data-enabled Life Science Initiative, DELSA: Data-Enabled Life Sciences Alliance, Data-Enabled Life Sciences Alliance, DELSAglobal, DELSA Global
Created 2 years ago by Anonymous