Not-for-profit association representing all 141 accredited U.S. and 17 accredited Canadian medical schools; nearly 400 major teaching hospitals and health systems, including 51 Department of Veterans Affairs medical centers; and 90 academic and scientific societies. Through these institutions and organizations, the AAMC represents 128,000 faculty members, 75,000 medical students, and 110,000 resident physicians. Through its programs and services, it strengthens the world's most advanced medical care by supporting the entire spectrum of education, research, and patient care activities conducted by member institutions. The AAMC and its members are dedicated to the communities they serve and steadfast in their desire to earn and keep the public's trust for the role they play in improving the nation's health.
The vision of the AAMC and its members is a healthy nation and world in which:
- America's system of medical education, through continual renewal and innovation, prepares physicians and scientists to meet the nation's evolving health needs.
- The nation's medical students, biomedical graduate students, residents, fellows, faculty, and the health care workforce are diverse and culturally competent.
- Advances in medical knowledge, therapies, and technologies prevent disease, alleviate suffering, and improve quality of life.
- The nation's health system meets the needs of all.
- Concern for compassion, quality, safety, efficacy, accountability, affordability, professionalism, and the public good guide the health care community.
Resource Type: Resource
Version: Latest Version
education, faculty, fellow, academic, biomedical, canadian, health system, hospital, medical, patient, physician, resident physician, veterans affairs, medical school
Additional Resource Types
community building portal
Created 5 years ago by Anonymous