Ongoing and future developments at the Universal Protein Resource.
The primary mission of Universal Protein Resource (UniProt) is to support biological research by maintaining a stable, comprehensive, fully classified, richly and accurately annotated protein sequence knowledgebase, with extensive cross-references and querying interfaces freely accessible to the scientific community. UniProt is produced by the UniProt Consortium which consists of groups from the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI), the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB) and the Protein Information Resource (PIR). UniProt is comprised of four major components, each optimized for different uses: the UniProt Archive, the UniProt Knowledgebase, the UniProt Reference Clusters and the UniProt Metagenomic and Environmental Sequence Database. UniProt is updated and distributed every 4 weeks and can be accessed online for searches or download at http://www.uniprot.org.
Pubmed ID: 21051339
Nucleic acids research
January 23, 2011
- Agency: NLM NIH HHS, Id: 1G08LM010720-01
- Agency: NHGRI NIH HHS, Id: 2P41HG02273-07
- Agency: NHGRI NIH HHS, Id: 2U01HG02712-04
- Agency: NCRR NIH HHS, Id: 3P20RR016472-09S2
- Agency: NIGMS NIH HHS, Id: 3R01GM080646-04S2
- Agency: NIGMS NIH HHS, Id: 5R01GM080646-04
- Databases, Protein
- Sequence Analysis, Protein
- Systems Integration