METAL: fast and efficient meta-analysis of genomewide association scans.
SUMMARY: METAL provides a computationally efficient tool for meta-analysis of genome-wide association scans, which is a commonly used approach for improving power complex traits gene mapping studies. METAL provides a rich scripting interface and implements efficient memory management to allow analyses of very large data sets and to support a variety of input file formats. AVAILABILITY AND IMPLEMENTATION: METAL, including source code, documentation, examples, and executables, is available at http://www.sph.umich.edu/csg/abecasis/metal/.
Pubmed ID: 20616382
Bioinformatics (Oxford, England)
September 1, 2010
- Agency: NCI NIH HHS, Id: CA082659-11S1
- Agency: NIDDK NIH HHS, Id: DK078150-03
- Agency: NHGRI NIH HHS, Id: HG0002651
- Agency: NHGRI NIH HHS, Id: HG0005214
- Agency: NHLBI NIH HHS, Id: K99HL094535
- Agency: NIMH NIH HHS, Id: MH084698
- Agency: NCI NIH HHS, Id: R01 CA082659
- Chromosome Mapping
- Computational Biology
- Genome-Wide Association Study